September 2, 2022
A property may gain a lot of value by performing hardwood floor installation Arlington Heights. Rich, natural wood’s elegance, beauty, and warmth are unmatched. Sadly, even the best-maintained hardwood flooring Arlington Heights will ultimately experience some wear and tear over time, necessitating the need for hardwood floor refinishing.
The challenge for homeowners is determining the precise moment to do hardwood floor refinishing Arlington Heights. How can you tell when your floors need more attention than simply routine cleaning and maintenance?
The criteria listed below might help you determine if it’s necessary to do the hardwood floor refinishing.
1. Water Damage – The biggest enemy of hardwood flooring is water damage. Even a tiny quantity of water may ultimately cause harm.
2. Scrapes – Anytime a wood floor is present, some scratching will happen. It is a typical side effect of use, particularly in places with high circulation.
3. Scuffs and Peeling – Regrettably, damage that extends beyond mere scratches is likely to occur everywhere there is wood and traffic.
4. Fading of Wood – If you notice that parts of your wood floor are starting to appear gray, this is not only an indication that the floor is becoming older. Wood that is graying or otherwise discolored is an indication of water damage and most likely indicates that the polyurethane finish is starting to erode.
5. Excessive Discoloration – Like scratching, staining is an inevitable side effect of having hardwood flooring Arlington Heights in your home. Even though staining may not be preventable, you should consider refinishing to be essential if the staining gets extensive.
6. Sun Damage – Having plenty of natural light in your house is great, but it may also cause hardwood flooring Arlington Heights to get damaged and discolored. You could notice that your floor starts to fade or seem washed out in places that get a lot of direct sunshine.
7. Worn Areas – Hardwood will ultimately start to seem worn if there is a lot of usage on it. It’s time to think about refinishing if you see spots where the stain seems to be fading.
If you decide to undergo a hardwood floor refinishing in Arlington Heights, it’s crucial to carry out the task correctly in order to preserve the flooring’s general condition. In most situations, this entails hiring reputable hardwood flooring contractors in Arlington Heights like Lukas Hardwood Flooring who will have the equipment and knowledge required to do the project properly.